The archaeological remains one finds at Ta’ Sannat are mostly, and almost uniquely, remains of the prehistoric period and these are all concentrated at Ta’ Ċenċ in the limits of the same village.The oldest among these remains are those of that which is known as Tal-Imramma Temples. and also by the German scholar Albrecht Mayr, date back to the prehistoric phase known as Mġarr phase (3800-3600 B. These remains, which include also a menhir (a monument-like vertical stone), belong to a structurewhich may have been a temple as its name does indicate.Ta’ Cenc is also famous for its spectacular precipices or cliffs, that are the natural home of several wildlife species, both flora and fauna.Lying low by Ta’ Cenc, one could admire the natural beauty of Hanzira valley, a natural gorge separating Sannat from the village of Xewkija.Our tutorial takes place outside Hotel Ta' Cenc and when we are ready, we immediately head to the scenic gravelled road overlooking Gozo's central villages, including Xewkija's Rotunda church, Ta’ Gordan lighthouse and Marsalforn's 'Salvatur’ amongst our views.As we continue gliding on our Segways, we will start seeing the islands of Comino and Malta, the two other islands in the Maltese archipelago right in front of us.
The name is probably derived from that of an Arabic-Greek family that moved to Gozo from Sicily.It was designed and painted by professor Nikolo’ Zammit (1815-1899), who was a doctor, philosopher, architect and painter.This coat of arms consists of a standing bale of wheat with two scythes above it.These remains, which towards the beginning of the 20th century have been investigated and studied by the Jesuit scholar Fr. The plan of this structure is very irregular and is uncommon.Two other archaeological monuments which are also very important at Ta’ Ċenċ are the two dolmens, one known as Id-Dura tax-Xaghra l-Kbira and the other known as Id-Dura tal-Mara.